The CRN and affiliated organisations provide research skills training for clinicians, nurses and research practitioners throughout their research career.
These courses may vary between online to face-to-face training. The majority of courses are free, but eligibility may vary. Please see the details within.
The majority of our training can be found at https://learn.nihr.ac.uk/ and can be taken by ALL staff at their own convenience. They include:
- Introduction to Good Clinical Practice
- Good Clinical Practice Refresher
- Informed Consent for Research
- Attribution costs for Research and Development (AcoRD)
- CPMS Learning (How to access, upload.. etc)
- Join Dementia Research (JDR) Researcher training
- Working in the CRN
You can find details of when the above courses are offered on the NIHR Learn website.
The following Trusts offer research training for their staff.
The R&D department organises GCP training for all staff who wish to be involved in research and refresher courses to update certification.
GCP half day courses are held in the R&D Board room on the 7th floor of the maternity block, Northwick Park and St Mark’s Hospital (Map and directions). This course provides an intense overview of the fundamentals of GCP. Attendees are provided with a certificate at the end of the session
Online GCP training accessible through Epigium. For more information and to subscribe to the course or to be logged on the online training, please contact Sunder Chita, Health Service Research Manager on email@example.com or 020 8869 5829.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS FT
There is also a Healthcare Professionals Academic Group which provide monthly seminars; and a Research Staff Forum.
The Imperial Health Charity also provides Research Fellowships.
Please contact Mary Wells for more information.
RBHT runs courses for health professionals and are listed on their website.
You are eligibile for free research training via Noclor.
Noclor provides support for staff involved in mental health, community health and primary care. If you are a member of staff affiliated with CNWL or WLMH, then you are eligible as an associated Trust for NOCLOR hosted training:
- Accredited Good Clinical Practice in Research training essential for staff conducting Clinical Trials for Medicinal Products.
- Informed Consent Training
- Principal Investigator in Research Training
- Critical Appraisal Skills Training Workshop (Qualitative and Quantitative
- Essential Skills for conducting effective Clinical Research
- Setting up and managing the Trial Master File
- Finding the Evidence (Literature Searching Skills)
For more information about the training offered by Noclor and when it’s available please visit their website.
Clinfield offer a range of courses for research staff however they are not free. Please explore free alternatives from other providers before contacting your line manager to organise training with Clinfield.